Thursday, May 21, 2009

debi pearl would not be pleased

My sweet husband is certainly not afraid to do some of the domestic duties that his wife should be doing. In fact, he's actually quite pleased with himself that he is able to do those things. James is quite a good seamstress, er.....I mean, tailor. He has mended quite a few skirts, shirts and teddy bears for me that I would not be able to do. He's sewn on a few buttons that have come loose on my pants as well. He also enjoys cooking and has told me he would be willing to make the meals but his work schedule doesn't allow for that and my lack of organization in the kitchen kind of puts a halt to that as well.
I don't know too many people that are fans of ironing and I don't believe James is either, however, he gets up every morning and irons the shirt and slacks that he will wear to work that day. He does this without any grumbling or complaining that he wished his wife would do this for him. So much for being his helpmeet. :-) So, yesterday, it shouldn't have come as any surprise to me to find Henry "inoning" his blanket like daddy does. He was using his play hand-held vacuum that attaches to a kid-sized upright vacuum. Was he ever pleased as punch to have been so creative in the land of imagination!
Our little boy is a great source of frustration to me because he whines a lot and is very sensitive. He is also very much a mama's boy. But man, does he make me smile! He tries to be so much like daddy and works very hard to help mama whenever I ask (and sometimes when I don't!)

2 comments:

Laurie said...

Oh, those guys!
Let's just get a few things "straight" (as in ironed straight!

LivG said...

Awww, that is nice that James doesn't mind the ironing! And so stinkin CUTE that Henry wants to be just like daddy:)