Monday, June 22, 2009

a belated father's day to my dad

To my Dad:



I spoke to you on the phone last night to wish you a Happy Father's Day (even though the day was already done).
I know that this is late, but I really, truly love you and have the greatest respect for you!
I love how we can crack up so hard that we're not making any noise (at the dumbest things)!
I love how I can ask you a theological question and you almost always know the answer! If you don't, you are honest and say you need to study that more.
I love that you're not afraid of hard work! You do it for a living. I am so proud of all the beautiful houses you've built and will build Lord willing!
I love that you can play guitar and that you will always try to play the Scripture songs that I request when we have a family jam.
I love that you're a thinker and don't always make decisions impusively.
I love that you take your time answering questions and mull things over first.
I love that you enjoy taking country drives.
I love your annual fireworks display.
I love your precision as you garden or plant trees.
I love how your nostrils flair when you think something's funny.
I could go on and on but I think that you get the gist! I love you DAD!

My dad and me with my middle sister, Liv.

1 comment:

LivG said...

I love all those things too! Our dad is the BEST!