Thursday, August 6, 2009

pizza and breakfast muffins

We had homemade pizza last night for supper. I used pepperoni, olives and spinach for the toppings and the Barilla brand spaghetti sauce with black and green olives in it was used for the sauce. It was so good! Everyone enjoyed it.
I attempted some healthy breakfast muffins last night as well. You know that recipe on the side of Malt-o-Meal boxes? I used that recipe and tweaked it a bit. I used all whole wheat flour. Instead of oil I used applesauce and I added a little yogurt to it as well. I put some diced, dried fruit to it and joila!


Unfortunately, they didn't turn out as well as I had hoped. They were kind of bland because I didn't put any sugar in them. I hoped that the yogurt and fruit would make them sweet enough, but they didn't. So, I will try my hand at them again when they are eaten because, really, the kids seemed to like them well enough and that's what I was aiming for!





3 comments:

LivG said...

Ooo, that pizza looks delish! I am sure you will perfect the muffins too:)

TAB said...

I hope so, Liv! I found a recipe online that sounds good. Will try it soon.

Jill said...

mmm, looks good enough to eat! I am so impressed with all your new-found baking skills and your willingness/bravery to experiment--great job!!