Monday, October 5, 2009

this morning i....

Ok, well, it starts on Sunday early morning. I mixed up a huge batch of Banana Oatmeal Pancake batter and let it set through the day and night to break down the oatmeal. Then, this morning, I started frying up the cakes. Took a break about 1/4 of the way through to take kids swimming. Then, during lunch, I started up again. Finished a total of approximately 43 pancakes by 2:00 this afternoon. I'm going to let them cool and then freeze them for a quick breakfast occasionally. Oh! When I was ready to start frying the cakes I stirred in 2 cups of blueberries to the batter. So, they're Banana Blueberry Oatmeal Pancakes.

I'm really thinking I need a larger griddle so that I don't have to painstakingly make one pancake at a time. Oh! The time!

And, the finished product! Yay!

Tomorrow: Homemade Chicken Nuggets...I think. *Sigh*

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

Tab, now this is planning ahead!! Pancakes look good. I,ve been making buckwheat pancakes since we came back from WV. We love them, but think you have to acquire a taste for them. You would definitely not want them for NaNa. They are made with pure buckwheat flour with a yeast starter. Grandma

Anonymous said...

TAB you know i love to eat wish i was there to try your concoctions.
love you all
grandad

Your Mama said...

Oh yum!
You go girl!

LivG said...

Nice job Tab!!! Great idea for a quick and healthy breakfast:)

TAB said...

Grandma, Hmmmm, buckwheat pancakes. I've never had, but I remember Uncle Doyle eating them w/ corn syrup.

Seeing Through New Eyes said...

Tab,
Buckwheat pancakes are the best!! We ate them for a while -yum!