Wednesday, December 23, 2009

i'm kinda bummed

I think that the Christmas Photo cards we sent out this year are just terribly disappointing. I'm disappointed and I'm pretty sure that those of you who received one are disappointed too. It's just that I couldn't make up my mind about what card I wanted to use from Walgreens. They have a ton to choose from-a ton! But, that wasn't the issue. The problem for me was that I couldn't just pick the photos I wanted on the card! And then, when I picked em and the card out and previewed my card I thought, "Man! That looks dumb! A beach scene with snowflakes on the card?" So, I'd delete it and start again. I kid you not when I tell you that it took me almost 3 hours to finally just pick a stinkin card!!!! And order it! The pictures I was going to use for the card are these ones:
But, all the cards they had to choose from with 4 photo allowances were either boring and plain or too snowflakey. I just wanted something simple and traditional! So, alas, I decided on this picture (I don't know why??!) and for the life of me I do not remember what the card looked like that I chose since they've all been sent.
So, my dears, I'm sorry that you got the crap cards from the Wrights for Christmas but that's what happens when you have obssesive compulsiveness and it's 1:30 in the morning!
Maybe next year, ugh! will be easier for me to decide because maybe next year when I take the Christmas card photos I'll make everyone wear Christmas sweaters and sit in front of a fake fireplace with Santa hats on and then a snowflakey photo card won't look so stupid!........
So, anyway,
Happy Christmas Eve Eve from the Peachy, er, I mean Beachy Wrights!
(...and Bah humbug and all that too!)

5 comments:

Laurel said...

((((big hugs for Tab))))
For the record, I say go for the beach and snowflakes combo next time! Your Christmas card recipients are people who love you, and I just can't see them saying to themselves, "What a lousy card." They're going to say, "Hey look! Here's those Wrights, whom we love!"

Laurie said...

Amen Laurel!!!

Tab- I posted the card on my blog so you can see what you sent! I love it! Thanks for the picture and ALL your effort!
xoxoxooxxoxoxooxoxxo

Mom

LivG said...

Oh Tab! We must be sisters or something! I would've had the same problem if I'd sent out photo cards this year, but I didn't, so I don't. Anyway, I think it's a cute picture and we were thrilled to see it! Don't even worry about it! I agree, nothing wrong with beaches and snowflakes or fake fireplaces or whatever you want to do. At least they all have a pleasant expression:) Love ya! The only thing better would be if we didn't only have to see them in just pictures:( Merry Christmas and stop with that bah humbug nonsense!;)

Unknown said...

Oh Tab, we loved the picture of the chillins'! They are soooo beautiful, no matter what their pose! I really loved the blue theme you picked for the card! I understand having a hard time making those kind of choices--I remember staying up, in the bathroom, so I wouldn't bother anyone, trying to pick out my cabinet hardware, til the wee-hours of the nite. Don't be so hard on yourself--we love ya!!

And, I am so envious of all the yummy goodies you've made--I love making them all too but can't afford to eat them all!! HOpe you all enjoy your scrumptious delights and have a wonderful, joyous Christmas!!

4monkeys said...

Well Tab, I have to be honest here...I really feel like the Christmas season can only be celebrated by those who have the appropriate weather conditions...Floridians, Bahamians, Hawaians, Californians, Africanians, Brazillians and so forth cant really celebrate the season the way its meant to be..and since I certainly see myself as a x-mas card expert (since I send one every year)I completly understand your dillema. Ok..Ok...you know I'm messin with you! My vote would be to have the kids get a picture with Santa next year....in their swim suits:)