Wednesday, January 27, 2010

the past month and a half

I haven't been as diligent with posting on this here blog as I've been in the past. I guess I've gotten busy. I was going through the pictures I've taken on my phone and thought I'd share a few of them. They seem to capture well what I've been up to for the past month and a half.

1. I made my first batch ever of Cinnamon Rolls.

2. I started couponing with a fury at the end of November to save some money and to start stockpiling with the intent to make my shopping trips become fewer as my shelves and cupboards become fuller. Here are my cupboards and shelves becoming fuller as I coupon and hit great sales and deals!












3. I purchased a frozen turkey during Thanksgiving time (when they were on huge sale). Then, I baked, or is the correct term roasted? the bird, de-boned and bagged the meat and the broth and placed it in the freezer for future use. It's come in handy a few times already!




4. I took a very random and amusing (to me) picture of Rex from Toy Story with a trail of *ahem* droppings. His questioning look slays me! I can just hear him saying, "Oh dear! Did I do that?"




5. I discovered that I am growing gray hairs at an alarming rate. How's that possible? Isn't 28 too young for such things?


Can you see 'em??




6. I got this breadmaker for Christmas and use it a lot. I am concerned that it's already bitten the dust though. I attempted making dough in that machine three times in the last month (2 of them being today!) and it has failed all three times!


7. I know my breadmaker can make dough if it wants to, though, because the bread for the pizza pockets I made in the pic below was expertly mixed, kneaded and risen by it!



Yeah, my "hot pockets" haven't been perfected yet...



8. I let Henry put all the silverware away from the clean dishwasher.
9. And then, when he wasn't looking, I put them back in the way I prefer them to lay.

10. I captured this sweet moment between "Brudder" and Nay Nay.





11. Did I mention I've started couponing? Yes, I have. So, while the kids and I were taking a walk I spotted this not-yet-expired treasure in the grass! Not only was it not expired but it's for some of my favorite coffee!

12. My expression when I found the coupon lying in the grass just waiting for me to find had to look like this:


And then it turned to this:


Which can only be defined as giddy with anticipation to use said coupon and extreme excitement.

13. Wore my kids out running errands (a.k.a. Bargain Hunting)!












14. Lastly, but certainly not least-ly this doozy! What is it about those chubby cheeks being squooshed by those ridiculous goggles and the innocent dorkiness of that little girl that has me rolling on the floor laughing a.lot!! And to top it all off she told me right before I snapped this pic that the goggles were to keep the sand from blowing into her eyes. It was not windy that day, my friends. Not windy at all.

Well, there ya have it, folks. A month in the life of Tab! Thanks for hangin with me.


















6 comments:

LivG said...

I just have to say that I am ROTFL right along with you Tab!!! I've missed your posts!

Laurel said...

I love the pictures, and esp. your captions, Tabitha. So glad for the update and the giggles!

tsbjf said...

Good month! The first pic of the cinnamon rolls made my mouth water, and I am still not done thinking about them. I LOVE cinnamon rolls!!!! My new favorite recipe is off of the Pioneer Woman's site, delish to the max. I just love cinnamon rolls. :)

Seeing Through New Eyes said...

Oh Tab, thanks for posting and updating. I so look forward to your posts! You would not believe how many times last year your posts were the highlight of my day - they gave me laughter and encouragement in the midst of hard drama here. Thanks for being you!

Laurie said...

Bravo!~ You're so silly and I love you!!
The pictures of the kids crashed out in the car are priceless!~
And what a darling silly Mar-Mar Marcail Lynne!
How sweet brudder and Nay Nay!
Henry was so helpful! Keep it up because he'll get it right by and by!
Gray hair? Oh my! You've earned every one of 'em!
Rex droppings! Pt HA!!~
You're goin coupon/stock up crazy! Next you'll have to use the trunk of your car or rent a storage garage! ;)
The cinnamon rolls look scrumtious!

Love ya!
Hugs!!

Jill said...

Yeah, can you tell we've all missed your blogging!! Loved every little bit of your monthly update and glad your back! BTW, did you get a van?? How nice for you if you did!!