Wednesday, January 14, 2009

Here's the Thing

I have this issue called emetophobia. It's annoying and it runs/ruins my life to an extent. You didn't know this??? Oh boy! It's horrible and I hate it and hate myself for it. I don't exactly know where it came from but I have my theories. I've been giving it a lot of prayer and also some research and I just don't know what to do about it. Everytime one of my kids complains about a tummy ache or doesn't eat well or doesn't do his/her big duties in the bathroom as often as I would hope or if they do and it's not very good I start freaking out!!! I give my kids Berry Well and SuperKids vitamins every night before bed and I really do think that it helps keep "bugs" away or if they do get sick, not endure near as long as it normally would. I have noticed a difference from last year when I wasn't giving them anything. They had colds every 3 weeks it seems and so far they haven't had a full-blown cold all winter. This fear is also why I am such a fiber freak and healthy food freak and don't let my kids eat very much sugar, candy, cake, ice cream, dairy (except for Yoplait YoPlus yogurt), crackers, cookies, or bacon or ham, etc., because I am afraid if they have too much "bad stuff" in their systems it will cause a tummy ache or if it's not fibrous enough it will cause constipation and then, you guessed it! Vomiting! What should I do because this fear is completely irrational?! Any advice would be helpful........I hope!

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

You may not think it's a big deal or a help, but identifying and confessing your fear before man and God surely is the first step!
Like any fear...commit it to prayer! I'm praying too!
Love ya,
Mom

jerrymary said...

Well Tab, I didn't know the word for it and now I do. I personally think everyone has it to a certain extent. Here's what I believe " in a nutshell" Don't fight it!!! It's just mother nature taking care of things. Everytime you or one of the kids throw up, just think how much better you feel afterward!!!I don't like being sick at my stomach so I just want to get it over with and get on with life. I"m not making light of your feellings,but you're strong enough not to let it get to you. Well as usual, this is your Grandmas advice. You know I love you!!!!!

TAB said...

Thanks Grandma. You're right-it all sounds so simple. It's hard to remember those things when you're dealing with it firsthand.