Tuesday, January 13, 2009

Potty Training Update II

Henry has only had one accident today because I was not on top of things with the timer. He told me right after he wet his pants that he needed to go to the bathroom which is a good thing because in the past he would try to hide from me.
After naps we went downstairs to the "courtyard" in the front of our building to play with the owner's daughter's son, Rahul. Amidst all the fun play Henry came and told me he needed to go pee. Yay!!!!
He didn't go #2 today which is very unlike him so I hope that we have more success tomorrow in that department. I am a little concerned that he is holding it in for fear of the toilet and the big duty. You know how I am when the kids miss a day in the pooping department----worried Wanda!
In all, Henry is doing fantastic.

2 comments:

LivG said...

That is great! Henry is ready! I think it is normal for kids to not want to poop at first. Sean had that problem for a while, but the M&Ms really helped with that! I would give him 1 M&M when he went pee and 2 when he pooped.

Anonymous said...

Sounds like Henry is really getting it!! He must be three! (that is when it 'clicked' with Cole and Mason.) I tried with Bruce the other day....I set the timer for 30 min.....I cleaned up more puddles than I wanted....he only hit the toilet 1 time. I think that I will wait awhile before I try THAT again!!