Wednesday, October 28, 2009

canon powershot a610

So, I took my camera to the "camera doctor" on Monday. Got a call back from the repairman on Tuesday with the news that my non-flashing flash and lack of 4x optical zoom is a much more complicated fix than I had hoped for. He told me that the problem lies in the board (a short) This is the circuit board-its what makes the camera click.
and that it would take $225 to fix by ordering a brand new one. He also said I'd be better off buying a new camera and just using mine for the time being since it works, just doesn't flash. Talk about disappointment! This is my camera.




I love my camera and looking online at the different digital cameras out there is overwhelming! So, I'm shopping and coveting all the digitals I can't have while looking at the ones we can afford. *Sigh*
P.S. By the way, the board for the camera is what the boards look like that James orders pieces for in his job. Only they're much larger since they're for computers or radios and other larger electronics.



4 comments:

Laurie said...

Bum-mer.
Maybe you could get some kind of bright flashing flashlight? (Maybe not.) That is interesting to know more what James does.

4monkeys said...

How annoying to know it cant be fixed...I hope you find one similiar but better! How long did you have again?

TAB said...

About 2 1/2 years.

LivG said...

How frustrating!!! I am so sorry:(

Cool to know that's what James works with on a larger scale!