Monday, May 24, 2010

it's gone

My purse along with my camera, my driver's license, my money for the week, my children's and my social security cards (eek!).  It was stolen out of our vehicle today at the park while we were eating a picnic lunch.  Whoever did it was fast and bold since we were sitting right there close to the car and the car was not hidden behind trees or anything.  It was out in the open under the hot sun!  I didn't think I needed to lock the car since we were seriously right there!  I will know next time.  Thankfully, no children were harmed or stolen and no mom was hurt either.  Everything, besides the money is replaceable.  It's not like I had a large sum of money in there or any credit cards.  No checkbook, either.  So, yeah, I guess I will be camera-less for a while and no grocery shopping this week.  I'm bummed and irritated at my own irresponsibility.  I know better than to leave my car unlocked even if we are nearby, especially with valuables inside of it.  I feel like an idiot and I am really kicking myself for simply not thinking.

5 comments:

Laurie said...

Grrrr.
I'm so sorry about that.

Shannon said...

Oh man, that's awful! I cannot believe that someone would be so bold as to do that when you guys were RIGHT THERE!

Laurel said...

I'm so sorry, Tab.

LivG said...

OH NO!!! How irritating!

Iz & Jake's Mommy said...

grrrr