Wednesday, November 24, 2010

Since we moved to a bigger place, I decided to host Thanksgiving here this year.  A first for me.  I've never, ever had my in-laws over for a meal, let alone a Holiday meal!  My extended family are being gracious and allowing me the chance to prove that I can cook.  I have done the majority of prepping and cooking today so all I have for tomorrow is house cleaning and light prep work to finish the meal.
   Oh!  And now Naomi is running a high fever, so I'm also busy trying to keep her comfortable while I prepare our feast.  Poor girl.
   I was so busy this morning cooking and boiling and cutting and measuring and frying (and being a nurse) that I didn't snap any photos of the children helping me put our sweet potatoes into the casserole dish.
   Anyway, our menu will be as follows:
Relish Plate
Ham
Mashed Potatoes and Gravy
Candied Sweet Potatoes
Corn
Green Beans
Stuffing
Cranberries
Jell-O
Orange Slices
Applesauce
Rolls
Pumpkin Pie
Pecan Pie

My mother-in-law and Aunt "in-law" will be bring the pies and relish plate.

Happy Thanksgiving!

                                                        
                                                        

2 comments:

Shannon said...

Sounds delicious! Have a happy Turkey Day!

LivG said...

Way to go Tab! It's going to be great! I hope NayNay feels better soon.