Wednesday, September 28, 2011

apple day

Johnny Appleseed's birthday was on Monday.
Being a home school mom and having a little
home school group within our church,
it only seemed right to have a tiny get-together
for this day.

I mentioned having a home school get-together
to my friend, Nancy who also home school's her 6 kiddos.
She was so excited and suggested we have it at her house
for "apple day"!

So on Tuesday 4 of us home school families came over to
Nancy's house and had a lesson
about Johnny Appleseed.
The kids got to taste test different apples,
make apple crisp, weigh their apples,
measure their apples, sing a couple
apple songs and play some apple games.

We had a great time!
The kids got to learn something while having
fun.
The mom's got to visit while teaching the children!
It was a perfect combo.


Some of the children listening to the lesson.
Wearing apple colors.







2 comments:

LivG said...

Looks like a great time! How cute and fun :)

Iz & Jake's Mommy said...

I hope you guys still do group stuff by the time I home school Izaac (IF that is the final decision, but I think I am leaning towards that)